#COP27 Week One Recap
Our first week in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt has been full of powerful moments and connections with the movement as we organize for climate justice. This has been an amazing journey for our team and we hope that we are able to connect you to the global afrodescendant experience at COP27.
Add your support
We invite your organization to join in advancing the resolution “Race, Racism, and Climate Reparations in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change” as a signatory. If you would like to sign onto this resolution, please visit our website and click to sign.
TCLP Founder & Executive Director Jacqueline Patterson delivers remarks during a press conference highlighting the Feminist Green New Deal Principles and feminist policies and frameworks necessary for advancing just climate policies on Nov. 11 2022.
Rebroadcasted panel discussions
- Advancing Racial Justice and Climate Reparations at the UNFCCC and Beyond
- Protecting our Children in a Changing Climate 12 Nov 2022 #COP27
- Community Risks of Fossil Fuels and Plastics 12 Nov 2022 #COP27
Global Afrobeat Live Talk Show – Each weeknight from COP27
Next week’s speakers TBA. Follow us on social for the latest updates.
Global Afro Blog posts from #COP27
TLCP Board Chair Kathy Egland has been sharing from #COP27 on our blog. Check our her latest posts:
- A Moment of Reckoning for Loss and Damage at #COP27
- A Change’s Gonna Come — Rise of the Frontlines at #COP27
- Biden Addresses COP 27 — Defending Democracy and Holding Them Accountable
Much more coming next week. Make sure to follow our Social Media for the latest from #COP27.